Monday, May 23, 2011

Vacation Planning Gone Social

Since I am currently planning a summer vacation, I've been researching places, apps, travel sites and blogs, but today I found a new app that helps users plan trips with the help of their Facebook friends.  


Click to Enlarge


Gtrot lets you find Facebook friends who live in your destination, friends who will be there at the same time, and friends who have been there before. It’s the easiest way to get advice for your trip, let friends know you’re traveling, and track down people you should see. Gtrot will send email alerts anytime a friend shares an overlapping trip or travels to your home city.


Once you register, you enter your current city and cities you have visited in the past. You can exchange tips, add photos, check-ins, reviews and more. As an added bonus, if you are traveling to a major US city, Gtrot will send you their Groupon's daily deals.









I opened my account today and hope to share tips with my friends. Where have you traveled lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment